What is a percent yield calculator?
Percent yield calculator is a tool that helps people to find the ratio between Theoretical yield and actual yield. This percentage yield calculator saves ample time for researchers and other users to form products. In other words, You don't need to dive into complex calculations when you have access to our yield percentage calculator.
Why is it important to calculate percent yield?
The value of percent yield is quite essential since it tells whether a reaction would be successful or not.
For example, if the percent yield is less than fifty percent for a chemical reaction, it means that the response will not be feasible at all. In such complex reaction, the cost of reactants and fuel would be much higher than the cost obtained by-products.
On the other hand, a reaction whose percent yield is more than eighty or ninety percent is much appreciated since it gives the maximum possible result.
In simple words, chemists determine the percent yield of a reaction to predict the success rate of a chemical reaction. If a response is not successful, the chemists change the reaction mechanism by changing its route. In the end, the same reaction is performed to give the desired yield of the selected products.
How does the percentage yield calculator work?
Our yield percentage calculator utilizes the most credible formula to find out results. According to percentage yield formula, percent yield is directly equal to the actual yield, divided by its theoretical yield. Then the resulting value is multiplied by a hundred. The mathematical form of this formula will be as follows
Percent yield = actual yield/theoretical yield×100
As per percent yield formula, the user needs to have at least two variables to estimate the percent yield. It doesn't matter which variable you have; you can readjust the formula to figure out the unknown variable.
Find other useful chemistry calculators on this website like you can use chemical equation balance calculator to balance a chemical equation online. Furthermore, if you are looking to balance redox reaction, then you should use this accurate redox reaction balancer calculator.
How to use this percent yield calculator?
To use our percent yield calculator, you have to follow some simple steps mentioned below
- Find the theoretical yield of your reaction. For this purpose, you need to find the concentration of reacting mixture in grams, or you can use our theoretical yield calculator.
- Find the actual yield of the reaction simply by weighing your product over an ordinary balance.
- Put the value of theoretical yield in the corresponding bar. There's no need to write a percentage sign with the value. Just enter the numeral value, and that's it!
- Put the actual yield in the corresponding bar. The method of writing actual yield value is the same as that for theoretical yield.
- After inserting both the values, click on the icon showing "calculate."
Resultantly, the percent yield online calculator will display the accurate results.
An important thing that needs to be noted here is getting the percent yield value of more than 100%. It could happen when your sample or end product contains different solvents or impurities.
To settle this problem, filter your product to remove impurities or dry the end products to eliminate excessive solvent. After doing so, weigh the sample again, and you'll get the percent yield between 70%-90%. Don't forget, getting yield more than or even equal to 100% is a red flag.
Why should you use a percentage yield calculator?
If we are doing manual calculations, there is always a chance that we could make a mistake, the risk of making slight error is always present. Don't forget, a minor error, even a single wrong decimal value, can alter the entire result.
- The yield percentage calculator makes you understand how you can figure out the percent yield of a reaction using the right formula.
- This calculator helps you to find the percent yield of a reaction using the percent yield equation.
- The time for in-lab synthetic work is limited. Researchers have to prepare a perfect product in a specific time; this calculator saves your time from getting wasted in calculations.
- Since there's not a single chance of any human error while using this calculator, you will get the correct fractions for each entity.
Related: Also find what is titration and how to calculate it using titration calculator.